Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am into this stuff because life is pretty boring in Wisconsin. I have hopefully graduated from my first stereo, a gift on my 18th birthday. It was a fabulous JCPenney store brand (anyone remember MCS?) receiver, tape deck and speakers. A full in-home service warranty was also thankfully purchased, and never was "the cheese" as they call it in the business so fully exploited. Virtually EVERYTHING was replaced at least once, both woofers, midranges and tweeters, the receiver, even the tape deck meters and transport. It was almost cool to have the repair guy coming up to my room at college to have that baby serviced over and over, at least 20 service calls over the 3 years. I still do not have the budget for the dream gear, but I find more and more ways to upgrade, especially via the wonderful web.

The rest of my time is spent being a geek for hire, mostly Lotus Notes stuff. Free time is spent with the wife and three furry children, I mean dogs, Abby, Sookie and Terra. The grown kids are still around so we get to hang out with them and my granddaughter on occasion.

Our new adventure is finishing about 1600 sq ft in the basement. All that we have done so far is one 12 foot wall of the wine cellar, but we are about to kick it into high gear by bringing in the big guns to get all of the roughing, plumbing, etc. done. I will be wiring master (or is it monster?) and we will try to do as many of the finishing touches as possible; floors, wall treatments, built-ins, huge theater, a shower spa unit and even DMX programmable LED lighting for that cosmic touch. I'm sure we will get lots of good intel here along the way.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Greg,
Welcome to HTS. We are here for you for any assistance you might need to upgrade your HT.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Greg. My first system was a small record player with a pr. of speakers. No idea what is was, probably from Montgomery Ward or some such place. Then a big time upgrade when I was 10 or 11 to a Soundesign AM/FM, turntable and 8 track all in one with a pr. of Soundesign speakers :R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts