Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I'm currently working on two projects. The first is a recording studio, the second will be a good quality projection home cinema setup.

The studio is the result of a long-time quest to have my own studio with a large acoustic space. It's in a converted barn in the southwest of France. I've worked in commercial studios for years, and owned a couple of small ones before. This one will be primarily for my own use (I'm a recovering musician!), but I hope to rent it out as well, although I think the studio market is about defunct.

The home cinema will be in a room in the house here. We're hoping to get a good-sized screen and project setup with good speakers. Not much to do here in the winter except watch movies and horrible quality retransmission of college basketball on NASN (I'm originally from Kentucky).

I have a good friend in Connecticut who's been a professional vendor and installer of high-end audio and video systems for years, but I can't afford his stuff and don't like to bother him with my dumb questions. So, with your permission, I'll bother everyone here! :bigsmile:

The search that brought me here was related to REW, which I guess has some connection with HTS? I'll be working on finding out more about it as my first priority. The studio construction is about finished, I'd like to get some bottom line testing done before I start working on the acoustics.

Looking forward to learning and having some fun.

Myles

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there tooold and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Myles, Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Myles

Sounds like a nice project...
I was thinking of doing a similar project in Italy...
Good luck
Andru

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi myles. and welcome. Have fun, Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts