Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Glad to finally be a member. I've been lurking for some time, but never joined 'cause I always seemed to find answers with simple searches.

A little background about myself that may be pertinent to HT and this forum:
1. I have a long history of car audio
2. Little history of HT
3. I am a DIY'er with a pretty complete wood shop
4. I am a registered architect that understands building and structures, but not necessarily acoustics
5. I am not super tech savvy, so there will be a learning curve for me when it comes to posting pics

My current HT project is helping a neighbor with his basement. He is currently finishing his basement and is leaning on me for design and installation of his theater as a whole including everything from layout, to selecting components, to installation. This is where you guys will come in, but I'll start another thread in the proper location.

Looking forward to being an active member!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'll try to keep up a built thread, but it may be hard, I'm a busy guy that seems to constantly commit to too many things!

The basement isn't cladded yet, so I have all the freedom in the world to run cables. I've learned about running cat5e/6 and some of the things that it can be used for like HDMI conversions, IR repeaters, and general data, so I'll be running a TON of that stuff. Also be running a few 20' HDMI in conduit so it can be changed out if/ when HDMI is outdated. Will be running speaker cable for 11.x, although I doubt anything above 7.x get's implemented.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack. Always nice to find other wood working DIYers.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.