Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my home theater equipment.
I found this site while searching Google for a review on the Denon AVR-4520 which I am considering purchasing. I already have a Denon AVR-3312, which I am very happy with, in my family room and so I am considering Denon again for the theater. I have already gotten a set of Axiom Epic 80 7.1 speakers last year that I have temporarily set up in the family but will move to the theater when I get the next Denon. Wow do they sound good - never had speakers like this before! After getting the receiver I will purchase another Oppo Blu-Ray player to be be used in the theater. I already an Oppo BDP-83 in my family room along with two older DVD players in other rooms. I have been impressed with the video upscaling systems in these Oppo players from the very first one, that make my existing DVDs look very nice on a Hi-Def monitor. After this I will be replacing my Panasonic LCD projector that is becoming dated with it's 720 line resolution. It looks like Epson may end up being my choice on a projector replacement.
I do this in steps as I save up my money before making each purchase. I believe it makes me appreciate each thing more as I acquire it and I enjoy researching each addition as I save up for it. I really don't think I should finance things like this that aren't really a necessity and are purely for my hobby and pleasure. It also makes my wife more understanding of buying these things when I save up for them.:duck:
There you have it, my plans for upgrading my home theater over the next year or so.
Let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Well hello and welcome to HTS. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Please visit us often.

The Denon 4520 is a great piece of gear. I have the anniversary edition of the 4311; it has been extremely reliable and I have been very pleased with it. I added Audyssey Pro last year and it provided even better performance to my system.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack. We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts