Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Finally managed to get through the broken NoSpam filter and register for this site. :jump:

My wife Patti and I are about to venture into our first 'real' HT adventure. We've had a couple of off-the-shelf surround sound systems, we have a couple of 42" Plasmas, but now we're converting our garage. Well, we will start converting it when we've cleared it of all the junk, which will take several weeks!

So far, we have an Infocus IN81 with ceiling mount, and a 2 metre wide fixed screen, fed by a Sony 300 Bluray DVD (these three are currently cobbled-together in the Conservatory so we can marvel at the amazing pictures). The rest of our current kit comprises a pair of RUAK fronts (these are obscure, but very good bookshelf speakers - we may change these as time goes on), a pair of Mission M700 rear surrounds, a Mission 73C centre, a Sony WS551 passive sub, driven by a Studiomaster amp in bridge (years old and been lying on a shelf for ages), all driven by a Denon AVR 1602. I have absolutely NO idea how this combination will sound. I hope to have the time to find out tomorrow.

Well, that's a little about us. Don't want to bore y'all.

Regards,
Tony

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Tony and welcome to the Shack!

Glad you finally got through alive... those spam blockers can be tough sometimes. As you can see we've already had 12 new members since that glitch. It had be scratching my head for a minute... glad you made it easier for me to figure out. :T

It sounds like you have a nice system brewing... looking forward to seeing more on the garage conversion. We did that same thing with our garage.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Tony, sounds like you have a great project ahead of you. Keep us posted. Welcome to the Shack. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Yeah, but UK garages are quite a bit smaller... more like 9'6" x 17' before new studding.

Don't worry, we'll keep you updated :jiggy:

Regards,
Tone :)
Hi Tone and welcome..

Don'y worry about the size of your theatre..There are a few small theatre's on here...mine included..that work quite well..
Look forward to seeing your progress..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Tony,
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions there is lots of information here locked up in peoples minds just waiting to be spilled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.