Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...I'm a new member who has purchased 2 subs in the past, and was greatly disappointed in both. I am looking to try yet again to purchase or build a sub. I'm hoping to become a bit more knowledgeable now that I have joined this forum...

Carl

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Hi all...I'm a new member who has purchased 2 subs in the past, and was greatly disappointed in both. I am looking to try yet again to purchase or build a sub. I'm hoping to become a bit more knowledgeable now that I have joined this forum...

Carl
welcome to the club Carl! glad to have you on board. upgrading subs is a serious addiction that many of us know only too well. Be free to open up a thread in the DIY and/or retail sub section with price range, skill level with tools as well as space and size restraints and we'd be more than happy to help you out

·
Registered
356 Posts
One thing about subs it took me longer than it should have to learn and that's LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. I had great subs which sounded weak until I properly positioned them.

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome! All of the above, and subs sound better when phase-matched through the crossover region. Not hard to do. There's help on that in the system setup forum.
Excellent point, and not stressed enough!

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to HTS. You came to the right place. You will get plenty of help and info here. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Welcome to HTS!!!! One thing that I'm discovering that works.....bass swarms!!!!! Multiple subwoofers in different locations. Here's a graph I took yesterday - that's with one sub, then 2 subs, then 4 subs!!!! That's with no dsp or eq only room treatments. There are many people around here that can help you!!!!! Once again, Welcome!!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hey Carl...buying subs can be frustrating...but I'm sure the brains of HTS can get you headed in the right direction!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

Make sure to frequent the forum! :T

Regards, Todd

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Welcome aboard Carl, always happy to help out a fellow enthusiast! I found this forum several years ago & now call it home. Hands down the best one on the net! Great, clean, friendly forum chocked full of useful info. Have fun!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts