Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, eventually got round to posting here, I've been looking at REW for years, but not got round to doing anything about it. Hopefully this is the start of the change.

I live in Worcester, United Kingdom, and have a a long standing interest in SQ audio and specifically in sub frequencies. Both HT and Cat audio. I'm an electronics engineer by profession, designing vehicle and marine power electronics, and I'm a carpenter by hobby providing a good combination of skills for designing and making speakers which I've been doing now for nearly 15 years. I like measuring speaker parameters (T/S) then running the maths, designing and ultimately building. I've done professional installs in pubs, and commissions for domestic installations. But always learning, never tried to do room correction (hence now REW), and I've lost track with the HT world as small kids take time and money..

My HT system is prob classed as dated now, but at present don't foresee an upgrade.
I've got Acoustic Energy AE100 series speakers on a sony ES 7.1 system and an Adire audio tempest 15" sub.
all media/TV runs through the PC (W7, Windows Media Centre) connected to a Panasonic Pro Plasma Panel via VGA.

Other hobbies are rock climbing, model engineering (RC boats and steam engines)

I drive a Saab 9-3, yet I'm not an Architect.

Hope to get stuck into forum life shortly, but need to do some more post reading I think.
Jon

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello Jon and welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! You're going to find this is a great destination.

If you're a Facebook user, be sure to click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and Like us on Facebook!

Enjoy! Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts