Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

As the title suggests, I'm from Maryland. I've joined the Shack because of your famous REW software. I've just ordered a Behringer UCA202. From looking thru the soundcard and REW forums it looked to be the most cost effective way for me to start using REW (it came to under $30 shipped and has separate left and right channel inputs/outputs so no splitter needed). I already have the new analogue radio shack spl meter. Hopefully I won't run into too much difficulty figuring out how to use the software (If/when I do I'm sure I'll be posting/searching in the REW/soundcard forums).

My goals are to maximize the performance from my subwoofer and HT in general. Currently my sub is in a location chosen strictly for aesthetic reasons. There is at least one other location that it could fit so hopefully REW will help me choose the optimal location/position.
Currently I do not have a BFD and would prefer not getting one if placement adjustments and the Single band Parametric Equalizer built into my sub's amp can smooth my response graph to an acceptable level. The reason I would prefer not having the BFD is 1)it's appearance and 2)the fact that I will have to work around it's hum issues.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, Mike!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there Gelinas and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Mike, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome. I used the BFD for a while with no hum issues noted. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts