Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am pleased to announce that we will now be selling and supporting the Anti-Mode 8033 automatic subwoofer equalizer from DSPeaker in Finland. This product has been well received around the world and there are a number of reviews out there including Stereophile magazine.

Anti-Mode 8033

Pricing is US $350 C $380 including shipping. If you buy it together with a CSS sub driver or subwoofer kit the bundle price is US $250 C $275. Please email for special instructions on the bundling.

Inventory is expected by the 9th. There are also some other products coming from DSPeaker which we may be carrying in the future.

Bob

Antimode 10..JPG

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Hi,

The latest version is the C and the description of the differences is on the DSPeaker page.

DSPpeaker English

There is a revision of the MicAmp product due next month.

Bob
I am sorry, I don't see anything explaining the differences (B to C) except to say they
are 'minor'.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry, I don't see anything explaining the differences (B to C) except to say they
are 'minor'.
You're right, my description is inaccurate. It was important to customers that they get the latest version and that was the point of the link. I'm only selling the current product.

Bob

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
You're right, my description is inaccurate. It was important to customers that they get the latest version and that was the point of the link. I'm only selling the current product.

Bob
I understand, you would only be selling the latest model that is in production. I will go out on a limb and assume most of us with 'B' models would not appreciate the changes in the 'C' model.

Of course, I have to admit without knowing the specific changes it a little difficult to make that 'leap' in logic. ;)

UPDATE: From dspeaker support:

"The 8033C features an improved enclosure using O profile (instead of U profile and a bottom plate) and better finish. 8033C also starts calibration at a lower level (so that you don't get such a scare at the start of each sweep if you haven't turned down your sub). The correction abilities are identical in both versions."

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm interested in the Anti-Mode device. However, I have dual subs. Is there a stereo version?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm interested in the Anti-Mode device. However, I have dual subs. Is there a stereo version?
Hi,

You can drive 2 subs assuming you can reverse the phase on one but not stereo signals. There are installations in Europe where as many as 8 subs are hooked up but with a mono signal.

Bob

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have two major problems with multiple mono subs.

1. If CD and other digital media is not mixed mono below 100Hz, why wouldn't/shouldn't I go with the source material and have full range stereo playback? LP playback although usually mixed mono below 100Hz sounds better with two subs.

2. I run two subs in stereo. There is an audible improvement over one sub or running two in mono.

Have you considered giving a discount when two or more are purchased simultaneously?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have two major problems with multiple mono subs.

1. If CD and other digital media is not mixed mono below 100Hz, why wouldn't/shouldn't I go with the source material and have full range stereo playback? LP playback although usually mixed mono below 100Hz sounds better with two subs.

2. I run two subs in stereo. There is an audible improvement over one sub or running two in mono.

Have you considered giving a discount when two or more are purchased simultaneously?
Hi,

Sure, $600 a pair.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Is it possible to use the antimode in conjunction with the sms1 so you can see a graph?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I would think so but I am not sure, I am thinking about getting the antimode and then maybe after it does it's thing tweek it a little more with the sms. Maybe Bob could chime in and tell us what he thinks???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I got the antimode and it works great. It really helped set up the Danley and it now sounds much cleaner and tighter with plenty of punch. I will say that when calibrating in between the sweeps there is electronic thump that when it happens makes the DTS10 shook my whole house.:hsd: My wife thought the windows were going to break.:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
deleted.......

·
Registered
43 Posts
All,
Tried both the Anti-mode (purchased a week ago) and Audyssey MultiEQ-XT (Denon 989) and here are the results:

First waterfall - Audyssey only (all 8 measurements)

Second waterfall - Anti-mode (2 measurements - primary position + gradient method for second measurement)

As you can see the the anti-mode clearly does a better job but both failed to reduce the ringing at 31.9 hz. Any ideas on how to elimnate this mode? For me, it really muddies the sound a bit.

audyssey.jpg

anti-mode.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts