1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Graphs number 1 and 4 are showing some strange results for sure.

It looks like a form of comb filtering, but I suspect it may be a clipping in the soundcard. The next time you see a result like that, check the REW Scope tab to get a picture of the input and output sweep levels. See if the input level is overdriving.....

Either way, yeah, it looks pretty good. You have a couple of small peaks that can be taken care of fairly easily.......

brucek

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my last post got lost, but I have not recalibrate the sound card with the mixer inline so I am going to do that for sure, and then check my levels again I do have the sound card turned up pretty high. And this all with no acoustical treatment yet. Unless you can count the riser filled with insulation.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:time-out: ...I'm waiting for your final graphs ...:bigsmile:
Well I have made a number of changes and I suppose I should remeasure ;-) I have the new Emotiva Amp and surrounds and some acoustical wall treatments, and I have to say that I don;t think I have made any new measurements since the bass traps and screen wall were moved. I better get busy!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Well I have made a number of changes and I suppose I should remeasure ;-) I have the new Emotiva Amp and surrounds and some acoustical wall treatments, and I have to say that I don;t think I have made any new measurements since the bass traps and screen wall were moved. I better get busy!
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time ...tweeking never stops:T

P.S.: I read that after around 170-200 hours of usage the sub will sound a lot better :yes:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts