Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Denon 7.1 setup. I am looking to get some better speakers. I know I want the F3's as the fronts with a C2 center. My question is on the rears. I have been talking to a few people I work with at bestbuy and I am trying to decide between the S2 and the F2. I know the F2 is designed to be a front speaker but one guy says it will give better full range of sound. I need some advice and opinions about this though. I eventually will run a 12" Klipsh sub and a new reciever but for now I am going to stick with the denon sub and reciever (75 watts per channel) I am just looking for a 5.1 setup right now but my other question was that if I went with the 7.1 setup what would be the best choice of speakers for all 4 rears? My other delima right now is the S2's are meant for wall mount and I cannot right now where I live but that is not going to have an effect on my decision. Any advice would be great. My next reciever will be about 130 watts rms. I am new to this so any help is great

I can get the speakers at the following prices
F3-170 a piece
F2- 130 a piece
S2- 165 A pair
C2- 100
Sub 12- 200

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First of all ... Welcome :wave:

My question is on the rears... I am trying to decide between the S2 and the F2. I know the F2 is designed to be a front speaker but one guy says it will give better full range of sound. I need some advice and opinions about this though.
I've seen some people using the same speaker in a 5.1/7.1 set up ... ( that means in your case 5/7 F3's :yes:)

If you have the space to use F2's as surrounds, go for F3 instead ... S2's are okay too, but have you considered the B2??? ... it has a better frequency response than the S2.

If you don't want to mount them on the wall ... just use stands :yes:

... if I went with the 7.1 setup what would be the best choice of speakers for all 4 rears?
If I were you ... I get two pairs of the same speakers for surrounds, the most important speakers that you have to timbre match are the fronts; but if you can use the same speakers as surrounds it will be better (instead of mistmatched pairs) :yes:

I remember that I read somewhere that Klipsch subs are so-so, .... if you can, save some money and get a better sub (SVS, HSU, Ed, and many other brands ...)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
My preference on the 7.1 and the speakers you are considering would be:

2 - F3 front
1 - C2 center
2 - S2 side surround
2 - F2 rear surround

1 - 3 of 3 Posts