Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have created some different spoiler type tags for use in your reviews.

We have the normal
Spoiler
tags:

Spoiler
Spoiler goes here

Now we have the
Specifications
tags:

Specifications go here

And in some cases you may wish to use the
Features
tag:

Features go here

And how about a
Measurement Graphs
tag:

Insert measurement graphs here

And a
Measurement Methods
tag:

Insert measurement methods here

·
Registered
290 Posts
alright... I need some help here...

When would you use these tags and why? Are we just trying to lessen a lot of 'junk' in our reviews and show only the meat? Are we trying to hide something? I notice that a lot of 'spoilers' in reviews here aren't what I'd consider spoilers; just specs. Which probably explains why you've added the new tags.

Just looking for some examples so I know what to follow.

TIA

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good example is Dale's review of the SVS sub:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-reviews/62796-svs-sb13-ultra-subwoofer-review.html

Look at the Specifications tag there. I edited it from the
Spoiler
tag to the [spec] tag. If he does not hide the specs, they will take up a lot of real estate, and not everyone cares about specs, yet some want to see them and I would hate for someone who does want to see them to have to go to the manufacturers site to get it. We want to always do everything we can to keep people here at HTS for the info they need. So... we can have the best for both preferences... the specs are here, but not taking up a lot of space. Just click the button if you want to see them.

And yes... "Spoiler" is NOT the right word, which is why I added "Specifications" and "Features", so that the labels are correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts