Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a new set of Fluance XLBP surround speakers. Info with speakers suggested a 10 hr break in period. I have read reviews of people using them as mains. I sat them near the spot on the wall where I plan to mount them, to the right and left and just slightly ahead of seating position and connected to HK3490 amp. Playing them lightly to effect break in, I was amazed how good they sound. The sound at times seemed to be coming from behind me as if the singer was singing right down the back of my neck. This was eerily cool. I know this is sort of what bipole speakers are designed to do, make it hard to tell where sound is coming from, improving surround effect. But I was sceptical, not any more. Looking forward to trying them in 5.2 with movies.:D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Congrats on the new speakers. Hopefully they will even sound better to you after break in. Enjoy...:clap:

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Way cool, congrats. What are you using for left, center and right speakers. I've never had a chance to listen to any of the Fluance speakers but from what I hear from others, they sure sound like a pretty good speaker for a good price. I have Bi-Di speakers in my system as well and really like them. My suggestion would be to mount then directly to the side of your seating position (so you are sitting in the null) and 2 - 3 feet above ear level for the best performance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positioning advice. I am using Polk TSi400 mains and matching CS10 center.They are in the cherry finish and the Fluance cherry finish matches quite close. The Fluance products look very compelling, the XL7F towers look awesome. At $499 a pair its hard to believe. Free shipping and a life time warranty, how could you go wrong?(sounding like a salesmen) It would be cool to see a shack review on these towers. I saw their add on this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts