Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up BFD. Everything is connected and volume level is set. I have already ran REW and produced a graph. I also had the BFD in bypass mode when setting volume level on the receiver. During all this time the save led is flashing is this ok? When I am done setting the volume level should I disengage the bypass? Do I need to clear the filters on the BFD before I start? How do I do this and how do I input the filters manually? One other question I had my graph as flat as possible before I used BFD. When adding the filters do I adjust the volume on the subs before or after the filters are added?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
During all this time the save led is flashing is this ok?
Yep.

When I am done setting the volume level should I disengage the bypass?
Yeah, at that point it is a good idea to select the program number you'll be using (i.e. program 5), and go through each filter and turn it to OFF mode.

Do I need to clear the filters on the BFD before I start? How do I do this and how do I input the filters manually?
Yeah, it's a good idea to turn the filters to OFF to start. I'll let you download and read the manual on how to use the front panel.

When adding the filters do I adjust the volume on the subs before or after the filters are added?
Both. You should have the speaker levels all set before equalization, and then trim the sub as needed after EQ.

burcek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out how to apply to turn off and apply the filters. I have 1 filter going on channel 1. The led is solid and the graph is shown below. Let me know if I need to add anything else to improve the graph.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I went from the 1st graph to the 2nd graph is this normal?
If you're looking to compare two graphs, please use the same scale on each, and better yet place them on the same plot.

Let me know if I need to add anything else to improve the graph.
Need to see the waterfall (using the standard scaling of Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz))

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the BFD save light continue the blink as long as the unit is on? Even after everything has been saved and set up. By the way when should I notice a HUM? I don't think mine is humming yet, maybe a got lucky.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the graph I got after applying two filters. By the way I still can not get rid of the flashing save light. I pressed it and it still blinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
What happens to that major hump at 80Hz when your highs are on?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
What do I need to do for the hump and the 2 dips before that?
The two dips don't even qualify as dips....... it's perfect.

The peak at 75Hz can't be evaluated until the mains are added and the subs phase adjusted to obtain the smoothest response. If the peak is gone at 75Hz at that point, you're done..

brucek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I added the mains and adjusted the phase on the 3.3 Turbos and MBM-12s. I could not get the dip to go away until I changed the XO on the Dual MBM-12s to 70hz. Now I get this graph. Is it ok to change the XO to 70hz on the MBMs? The XO on the Dual 3.3 turbos are set to 45hz and the Dual MBMs are set to 70hz. The receiver XO is set to 80Hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Oh, that changes things. I guess you like bass eh?

You've got some work to do then.

The dip at 100-120 is too deep, and the peak at 75 will have to come down.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
You have the level of your mains with respect to the sub a bit low, so it's hard to see what's going on.

Usually positioning is the best way to fix a dip....

brucek

1 - 20 of 40 Posts