Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I found the forum and love it.
I'm new to all this stuff but i have a bit of knowledge. Im a student of the age of 15 and have a job. What i want to know is what are the basic stuff needed for a home theatre room. eg amp, preamp etc.. and how much it would cost me. I started thinking about this when i went to my mates house and we went in the pool room. Its only a small room with a projector a reciever and a speakers with a sub.

I like my bass. So that would be one of the main things. Id be playing music and movies mainly and sometimes games on the ps3. So what're the basic things i need and what are some good cheapish speakers with a sub that i can get for under $400? I live in Australia btw

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack.
What you are going to need is a AV Receiver which decodes the signals from your PS3 and provides amplification and speakers.

Being that you are in Australia, I am not sure what speakers or HTIB (Home Theater In a Box) are available in your price range. You might also want to look locally in your Newspaper Classifieds or A/V Stores in your area for used gear given you budget. Hopefully, a fellow Australian will chime in and provide some local expertise.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts