Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all.

I finally found this forum while investigating software to help me study and evaluate acoustics. I'd graduated (plenty long ago) with a degree in engineering acoustics, but got derailed from that avenue for a while. Now I'm starting my own LLC with an eye (ear) toward helping small-medium sized theatres, performance spaces, and production companies make the best of the audio gear they have. This will eventually include consulting on room acoustics, system tuning, radio frequency coordination, in addition to occasionally renting out myself and my gear for the occasional rock band's sound reinforcement - just for fun.

While my focus will be in the realm of theatre (anything from drama, dance, music, etc), I think there's still much to learn from related fields, such as the ever-expanding home-theatre realm. (Yeah, I spell my 'theatre' with an '-re'. That's how I roll. To me '-er' implies a cinema.) [I realize some folks are proud of 5.1 and 7.1 systems at home, but I gotta admit: there's a lot of fun working in a theatre with at least a dozen channels of amplification - not including the stuff on-stage.]

In any case - I'm here to learn how folks are making their own spaces and gear work best for them and in turn occasionally offer some of what I know (book-learnin' and empirical tales).

Thanks for this resource, which I hope to visit not-too-rarely. (Hey, I'm starting a business; I'll have to sleep at some point.)

- Ken Porter
- Owner, Manager, Flannel Audio LLC (Soon to be serving Boston and surrounding areas)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hey Ken, welcome aboard the HTS! :wave:

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello Ken and welcome to the forum.:wave: Glad to have your knowledge base join our forum.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hi Ken,

Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Thanks for joining!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

We're having a t-shirt contest on Facebook from Feb 6-7th! Check it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts