Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Having been away from these forums for such a long time, I have returned and just downloaded REW version 5.0. I was previously running version 4.11. My question is - do I need to uninstall 4.11 before installing 5.0? Anything else I need to know other than meeting the system requirements (which my laptop does)?

Thanks in advance.

JPC

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
> I typically uninstall all software before installing a newer version of the same . I'm not sure if one must do that, it's just my preference .

> In your case since REW 4.11 is still available as a download , you don't have anything to lose if 5.0 doesn't work for you .

> FWIW, I also use the "Save As" feature before installing new software ( rather than running the installer over the internet ) .

> This way I download the file first, then run the installer .

> I end up storing the downloaded software file as an archive and then if I decide to reinstall ( for any reason ) I can do so without having to connect to the internet .

:sn:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Earl,

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to uninstall 4.11 before installing 5.0 and all seems well. In fact, version 5.0 looks really good (and 4.11 was excellent). So, I'm back in business. Here goes...!

I think a round of applause is in order for John Mulcahy and REW :clap:

JPC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts