Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!

I have had a Home Theatre since 2000 and I love it. Have been unable to upgrade for a while, last upgrade was HD-DVD and we how that went.

Piano Plus HE3200
Denon AVR3300
Denon DVD2500
Toshiba A3 HD-DVD

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack. I completely understand feeling burned about HD-DVD. On the plus side, you can now pick up discs for 2-3 Dollars from Amazon Marketplace.

With Blu Ray Players plummeting in price, there has never been a better time to pick up a player. On Black Friday, Best Buy is selling Sony and Samsung BDP's for 149.99. And tons of Blu Ray discs will be available for 8-15 Dollars.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the shack. This is the right place for advice on where to go next, and find out all the pros and cons to new technologies and the like.

When ever you want to improve, were ready and waiting to help you out :T

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the Shack!

I feel ya on the HD DVD purchase. I remember (though I was young) when I thought that laser disc was the next best thing. ;)

I think Blue Ray is here to stay so it's certainly something that you should look into. You'll find plenty of Blue Ray reviews on here for different movies. I know I just recently read the one about Pixar's "UP" and now I really want to see it.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard !

Although HD DVD is dead very sad day as HD DVD was far superior in my opinion The A3 is a great up converter of standard DVDs so it s not a loss.
Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome mercoal. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Mercoal! Welcome to the Shack!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts