Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will get a good report posted this evening. So far loving it, only a couple minor issues mainly me learning
the menu, and where things are located.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here we go ,it's late But I said I would post a review this evening. Will post more tomorrow.

1 packing usual double box but when you open it you get a surprise.
the xmc comes in a black bag with emotive on it almost like a crown royal bag.
Like opening a fine jewelry box. Really cool!!!

2 LP play I use a XPS-1 for my turntable. I have a pretty good Sansui with a good cart.
Just great, just warm wonderful sound, no color to the sound nothing just music.
I was running it in stereo mode with subs active. Have not tried the ref. mode yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok got to watch a couple of my go to movies tonite. I started with Transformers Dark Side of the moon.
I wanted a good LFE track so I could check out my subs. I have 2 WO32 subs and 1 15 in ported box
Which brings me to the sub outputs on the XMC-1. I have tried several times to get them to play well with
each other but never could. I had tight music bass or low boomy bass, just never could get them to sound good together. Well tried again with the XMC-1, and finally got what I have been wanting for a long time!!!
It took a couple tries but, thanks to a post on the Emotiva forumI learned the trick. Always start in stereo
mode for subs and set levels,EQ,ect.... After your done switch to dual mono, both subs see the same signal
level but your stereo settings for each sub remains. By doing this I have great bass for music and LFE.
XMC-1 sub EQ system gets a A+ from me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Total comfort, Do you plan to connect a computer to the XMC-1 via the asynchronous USB port?
Yes I do. I have tried it with the usb port and not got it working yet. Currently using my HDMI out from my PC
and it is working fine, but I have a lousy sound card and am looking forward to getting the USB up and
working. Going to call Emotiva and see if they can walk me thru it. When using the USB now it seems that I
lose lock on the signal and then get it back, and it just keeps going back and forth lock / no lock.
I'm not sure I have everything set right for that input so going to give Emotiva a call. Will let you know what
I find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any HDMI handshake issues? I bought a Sherbourn PT-7030 when they went on sale and while it's a great processor, it has some handshake problems. I'm hoping to stick with the smaller companies when it comes to processors and amps but they tend to have minor annoying issues that Marantz and the like don't have.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've not had any HDMI handshake issues. At this point I'm using an Oppo BDP-93(and have tested the BDP-83 as well), a Comcast/Motorola HD STB, the balanced outputs and the AES/EBU output from an Emotiva ERC-2. As for the handshake issues that might happen with a PT-7030, remember that the Sherbourn is Cirrus based processor and the XMC-1 is a Texas Instruments based platform.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any HDMI handshake issues? I bought a Sherbourn PT-7030 when they went on sale and while it's a great processor, it has some handshake problems. I'm hoping to stick with the smaller companies when it comes to processors and amps but they tend to have minor annoying issues that Marantz and the like don't have.
ZERO issues very fast switch time, unlike my umc that was sloooow!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
ZERO issues very fast switch time, unlike my umc that was sloooow!!!
That's great to hear. It looks like a smaller company finally got HDMI right. Outlaw struggled and never could get it done. Sherbourn's processor is great, especially with a built in 8 channel parametric EQ, but the HDMI issues can get annoying. I really like supporting the smaller AV companies if I can. It just seems like their amplifiers are the best bargain on the planet but they seem to have struggled to keep up with the Denon's, Onkyo's etc. in the multi channel processor market.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im very interested in your take on DIRAC room EQ...
They have not released the software yet:foottap: Maybe in the next week from what I have read??
This was one of the major things that swayed me to purchase. After having it a while I would have still
purchased one without the Dirac, this is one of the best pre/pro I have ever listened to.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts