Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have read allot and am ready to start seeing how a couple drivers will work in different enclosures. I got WinISD and am trying to input the Thiele Small Parameters for the TC-3000 driver and for the life of me i cannot get it right. each time i get what i think should be all the numbers it complains and i cannot continue. I have spent about an hour trying different things and trying to follow the directions in the help file on what order to enter things but i just cannot get it to work.

I really could use some help as i am about to scream... or cry as it shouldent be this hard to do. :hissyfit:

Here are the parameters for the TC-3000 15" that i am currently looking at. If someone could somehow help me out that would be awesome.

15" TC-3000 QVC
Qts 0.308
Qes 0.324
Qms 6.10
Fs 22hz
Res 5.6Ω
Ls 9.2 mH
Lp 20.2mH
Rp 27.66Ω
Dia 325mm
Vas 146l
mms 373g
cms 140um/N
bl 27.1T*m
Spl 88.6dB

Thanks allot. :T

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Welcome to the Shack!
Yeah, I also initially found WinISD a bit confusing.

For this situation use Ls = Le. Make sure you're inserting parameters using all the right units of measurement.

The SD, cone area, of the Tc-3000 is roughly 830cm^2

Exactly where are you having trouble? Any particular parameter?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Entering parameters into WinISD can be tricky. If it calculates a value which you have also entered, and they don't match, you get the error.

Here's what Janne from WinISD had to say:

"Try entering just Qms, Re, Mms, Cms, Bl, Sd, hg, hc, Xlim (optional) and Pe. Do not change any parameters the program calculates."

That info came from this discussion on the WinISD forum:

http://linearteam.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=winisd&action=display&thread=1153005140

Steve Dart has a tutorial which includes some tips on entering parameters:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=74558&PN=1

hope this helps
Collo

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, i finally got it working, turns out i was trying to enter as many numbers as i could correcting the ones it spit out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lookin at a ~11.5CuFt enclosure ported to ~14Hz. Powered by a Behringer EP2500. so i can add another one of these subs later on if i need more speaker power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts