Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Im new to this site and the world of HT and have learned so much from this site. I am slowly starting to build my own system, but am still learning, so it will be a slow process for now.

With the help of the great information on this site I have started to build my first diy subwoofer. It consists of A Dayton RSS390HF-4 and a Bash 300w amp.

My question is. I have a Pioneer HTIB (yea I know) and was wondering if it is possible to hook up my powered sub to its reciever? It has a passive sub on it now. Its Just until I finish the new system.

Here is what the back of the reciever and the amp looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It looks like you will unplug the passive sub that is currently connected and run speaker cables from the subwoofer output into the BASH amps hi level input. It should not matter which hi level input you use.

I could not tell from the pictures since some RCA labels are hidden behind cables but if there is a RCA subwoofer out then you will want to use that instead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How's your sub build going.

I am just about done building my first diy sub with the RSS390HF-4 and Bash 300 amp. Hopefully it's a good combination.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like you will unplug the passive sub that is currently connected and run speaker cables from the subwoofer output into the BASH amps hi level input. It should not matter which hi level input you use.

I could not tell from the pictures since some RCA labels are hidden behind cables but if there is a RCA subwoofer out then you will want to use that instead.

No theres no subwoofer out. Thats the first thing I looked for.

bdrrusty-Its going pretty well. I got my sub in already, just waiting on the amp. Still need to tweek my design a little and I should be ready to start building. Im going with a 9cu ft ported cabinet tuned to 20hz. From what I have read on here this combo is a nice setup for a low budget.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Mike is right. This is the correct way, by running the speaker output from the receivers sub speaker terminal to the high level inputs on the Bash amp it will work fairly good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts