Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to use UCA202 as my sound card . I believe this sound card does not have a built in midi interface.

Assuming that the correction filters are in a file stored in my laptop , then any usb midi interface will work?

Please recommend a basic midi interface . Laptop is Toshiba , OS is Vista . Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a lot of $10 USB midi interfaces on Ebay . Are these real interfaces or just cables ? Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
I see a lot of $10 USB midi interfaces on Ebay . Are these real interfaces or just cables ? Thanks
I see USB midi interfaces for $1 and free shipping. I have one and it works fine.:bigsmile: With my laptop running Windows 7 however, I had to download another manufacturer's driver to get the REW filters to transmit to my BFD. The built-in drivers in Windows 7 made it appear this no name midi interface was installed and working but no data would transmit. Everything works fine with the other manufacturer's driver. The driver I used was for the E-MU XMIDI 1X1 Tab.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see USB midi interfaces for $1 and free shipping. I have one and it works fine.:bigsmile: With my laptop running Windows 7 however, I had to download another manufacturer's driver to get the REW filters to transmit to my BFD. The built-in drivers in Windows 7 made it appear this no name midi interface was installed and working but no data would transmit. Everything works fine with the other manufacturer's driver. The driver I used was for the E-MU XMIDI 1X1 Tab.

Thanks for the warning !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts