Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here finishing out my basement as a home theater and I am thinking of going with the Pioneer Elite 7.2-Ch. receiver, model VSXLX302. It is on sale right now from Bestbuy for 399. Is that a good model to go with? I will be running a home cinema projector and not sure on speakers yet.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I do like Pioneer alot. I had the SC35 for several years and it was fantastic....Your choice is good but I think you could do better for 399.... Many of us here buy receivers on Accesories4less.com .... they offer completely refurbished and warrantied units for 50-75% off retail cost ....for 399 you can get the Integra 50.3 (that receiver retails for 1399.00) and is in many ways better than your Pioneer choice. The Integra is not ,however 4k rated video output - but this may not be a priority for you and is easily worked out by running your video sources straight to your 4K TV or Projector and using the Integra to drive your speakers.. They also offer extended warranties... I have had my Marantz 7702 pre amp from there and have absolutely no issues with it... They have many many other good deals as well...For 399 the Integra is a BEAST !!

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtr503/integra-dtr-50.3-7.2-ch-x-135-watts-thx-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

·
Registered
590 Posts
Look into the Yamaha and Denon options as well but make sure you check reviews on the amp/receiver you choose with the type speakers you are matching with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts