Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi...awesome site you have here! I have been reading lots and will soon be ready to dive into this. I would like a little guidance on this. Mt theater room is 18 by 14. I am looking to add a sub, but unsure what I should attempt. I have looked at and am impressed by the Tempest X2 15". What will give me the best sound? Sonotube, ported box or sealed box? It will be used mostly for movies, but I do also like tight deep bass for music, so some kind of middle ground would be nice.

After reading some other posts, I see more info will probably help. I think I will build this as a ported box, with an O Audio BASH 500. WinIsd suggests 11.13 cubic feet. Does this need to be exact? Is 11.00 ok? The modelling shows it is tuned to 18.37Hz, and from what I have read, a good balance for HT and music is 20. Will this give me more bottom when playing music?

Sorry if I sound very "new", but if it walks like a duck.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you're interested in the Tempest, then head over and post on the Exodus Audio forum. I just recently built my first sub-TempestX-2 w/PE 500w amp in a ported 10.5 cu.ft. enclosure. Sounds good with music and great with movies.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts