Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in school for audio and was directed here while attempting to download REW, which was recommended by my instructor.

I'm getting my geek on bit by bit... with the hopes to actually get paid one day. A guy can dream right?

Anyways, Hello HTS!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's it like trying to get a job in the world of audio these days?
I would make a poll if I knew how but hearing from some industry cats would be extremely insightful!

I'm also trying to get my 5 posts because it seems like that's something that should be done.

So bear with me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point I'm trying to expand my knowledge base/ skill set but based on what I've done so far, I find the audio world absolutely fascinating. A real fusion of art and science, which is just my kind of jam!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone has any tips or experience in getting involved in the audio industry, I'm all ears. From what I gather at the early stages of my life, you basically just have to find something you're interested in and keep doing it until someone pays you. So I imagine the experience of becoming an acoustics consultant starts with treating your bedroom for fun... which I am starting to set up:R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to build a diffuser for above my bed, but I realize that project is a bit of an undertaking and I don't really have any building tools. But maybe I'll make a faux one out of cardboard or something to at least get my dimensions right.

Anyways I think that's 5 posts. Thanks for hanging out if you actually took the time to read through what effectively turned into a late night diary.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Thanks for joining!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

We're having a t-shirt contest on Facebook from Feb 6-7th! Check it out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts