Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just finishing up my first DIY sub and want to be able to take some measurements when it is completed. That is after the driver has had a chance to break in. I want to start gearing up so I have the required equipment that will work with REW. From what I've read it seems like all one needs, other than downloading REW, is an external sound card and a mic. Is this correct or am I overlooking something?

I have to say I have limited to no knowledge of sound cards or mics. That being said, my wife is pretty good with a computer and also has been doing some voice over work for video games. Looking at her equipment, she has an Edirol UA-25 USB Audio Capture devise. Is this an external sound card and would it work with REW? http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=704

She also has an Electro-Voice N/D 357AS microphone. Would this work or is a specific type of microphone required?

Sorry if these seem to be stupid questions. I'm just trying to figure out if anything we already have will work and what I need to get.

Best Regards,
John

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts