Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all been reading for a long time now,lots to learn. So here it is, If one wanted to make a sub with both a complete driver and passive radiator enclosure and tuned port enclosure using the passive radiator as the driver in an adjoining enclosure so the whole thing is as one unit(I can hear the chuckles now), what would the technical name be? How would I model it? It is just a wild idea I had while not sleeping at night.Oh ,would it work well or just waste time?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure anything exists to model such a beast, what is you are trying to achieve?

If i'm picturing this correctly the pr would not be exposed to the room at all, just the driver side box and box with a port correct? If so all it is doing is transferring the energy of the sub to the ported chamber. Which means you probably end up with something that behaves like a normal ported box only less effective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, that's exactlly what I was thinking in design,not trying to accomplish anything really, just get things in my head and needed an answer so I can let go of the thought.It doesn't hurt to ask, may have been the brain storm of the year! I'm sure I'll have more:coocoo:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the reply, that's exactlly what I was thinking in design,not trying to accomplish anything really, just get things in my head and needed an answer so I can let go of the thought.It doesn't hurt to ask, may have been the brain storm of the year! I'm sure I'll have more:coocoo:
Sell it to Bose as the acoustimas IIII, may be a big seller :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts