Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just a question about something that I was reading in my manual for my receiver, I have TX-SR600 6-channel receiver and it allows for surround speakers and a surround back speaker.
I know what I would like to get to tamber match the speakers, I am looking at the RC-R speakers for the two surrounds. What kind of speaker is to be used for the surround back speaker? :dizzy:
Any insight/thought/ideas/experience would be greatly appreciated.
I have posted the link to a picture of the back of the receiver:

http://www.onkyousa.com/images/hookup/TX-SR600/connect_speaker.jpg

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I am looking at the RC-R speakers for the two surrounds. What kind of speaker is to be used for the surround back speaker? :dizzy:
You can use the same speakers used as surrounds, but the problem will be that you'll have one speaker left (they always come in pairs) ...another option will be to get another center channel or even better get three pairs of the same speakers :yes:

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Timbre matching is what you're looking for, and all that means is that you use the same model of speaker, or at least, speakers from the same model line (i.e. JBL's Studio-L series) throughout your system. 6 speakers the same all around would be the best in your situation. Do you have any speakers yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts