Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have joined the forum in the hopes of getting guidance on building My first home theater. I have just obtained a 8x5 wilsonart designer white she and I am building a screen this week and expanding for there.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome klubber, glad to have you with us. Have fun. Dennis

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there klubber and welcome to the Shack!

We are certainly glad you joined in with us... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Shack klubber! Excellent choice for a diy white screen. :T Probably the best diy white out there. :wave:

I was able to obtain a 8x5 sheet for $49 at a local store. Plan on gluing to peg board. Does anyone have an idea of dimensions to use to get to a 16-9 AR. I will also border with black. I have ordered some Niles speakers and a Denon av amp from a friend that professionally sets up theaters. I will order some seating next.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I was able to obtain a 8x5 sheet for $49 at a local store. Plan on gluing to peg board. Does anyone have an idea of dimensions to use to get to a 16-9 AR.
16 wide by 9 high or 1.78:1. So basically every inch high is 1.78 inches wide. PJCentral has a good calculator. Stop by the screen forum and you'll find a lot of info on laminates there. :T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I just took delivery on the five Niles IW2770LCR speakers. compareed to online I got a great price. I am hoping to get this all up and running next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts