Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is my room response before and after tuning the BFD. I have a 10" dayton Titanic home made sealed sub I am using. Look forward to comments. I hope I attached the graphs right.

notuneoldsub.jpg

tunedoldsub.jpg

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey Glenn and welcome to the Shack!

Just for future reference you can uncheck the Sound Card and Mic-meter calibration boxes on the right hand side of the graph and that will get those out of your way for the graphs. We generally extend it to 200hz for comparisons sake... but not a biggie.

Looks like your first attempt went very well. I'm not sure if that driver is designed to play down to 20hz so you might listen closely and make sure that the boost you applied there doesn't strain it in any way.

Before I would boost that 90hz area, and if you have your crossover set to 80hz, I would run a measurement with my mains and see how they integrate with the sub. You may pick that back up without any boosting on the sub there.

I'd say that's pretty impressive for a 10" DIY sub. You musta done well with building the sub. You might even share your project with us over in the Subwoofers forum... maybe with some pics.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Sonnie! I will be building a new subwoofer in the next couple of weeks to replace the 10" DIY sub (it bottoms out alot on movies with really low freqs)
My new DIY sub will be an infinite baffle design, using two Soundsplinter 15" RPL-15 D2 drivers. I wanted to practice using the software and equalizer and to have a comparison to my new design when it is done.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Cool... I'm lookin' into an IB setup myself. I have a thread in Subwoofers on it. I'm considering the SoundSplinters too, but I undertood the D4's were the ones to use. I'm doing 8 drivers.

This excercise will be good practice for you. John will hopefully have the next release of REW out this month, which will a little better for the IB guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts