Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Shack...forgive my introduction as I am new to this forum..I am Rentangz from Philippines. I am an electrical engineer by profession but consider myself an enthusiast in hometheater and quality audio..I got into this link when searching for a parametric equalizer for room correction and come into BFD. I am interested on how to connect the parametric equalizer?After the DVD player before the A/V receiver?digital coax signal or RCA/XLR?or after the receiver?need help also on this..Thanks...

Rentangz

·
Registered
651 Posts
welcome to the shack my fellow Filipino rentangz!

the BFD is mainly used for subwoofer PEQ here, so it goes in between the LFE output of your receiver and the subwoofer.

although the REW (room EQ wizard) available here would be most useful in discovering which full range frequencies you need to adjust with an equalizer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
welcome to the shack my fellow Filipino rentangz!

the BFD is mainly used for subwoofer PEQ here, so it goes in between the LFE output of your receiver and the subwoofer.

although the REW (room EQ wizard) available here would be most useful in discovering which full range frequencies you need to adjust with an equalizer.
What will be the connection when using parametric equalizer to correct specific or range of frequencies after using REW?between main receiver/amp output and main front speakers?how about the center and surround channels also included in the equalizer compensation?:waiting:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts