Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just noticed an open box Onkyo 3008 receiver on sale on NewEgg.com for $799. I've read positive reviews about refurbs from accessories4less, but noticed NewEgg's return policy on open box items was pretty limited. It even stated that not all the necessary parts would necessarily be included with the item.

Has anyone purchased open box from NewEgg before? The price on this seems way too good to be true and I'm a bit leery about their return/warranty on open box items.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back so quick!

I (like many others on here it seems) have been watching the price on NewEgg closely and now that A4L has sold their last refurb 3007 for $849, I'll finally pull the trigger on the 3008 this weekend - which I am really psyched to do!

I've been on vacation this week traveling down the east coast from Connecticut to Florida and have only had my iPhone with poor beach front service to check on prices - hopefully I can get my order in Saturday or Sunday while I'm driving home.

I really appreciate your advice along with GranteedEV, TypeA, tonyvb and a lot of others (directly and through others' posts) over the last month. I'll be sure to post an update on how my final set up works out! (and stick around to offer any help I can to others who are just starting out).

Thanks again!
Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jack,

I spent the day at Epcot and didn't get a chance to call either website. I'll try and give them a call tomorrow when I'm back in New Smyrna (spending a much needed day at the beach) to see if they can price match at all - I'll post an update if I find anything good out in case there are others waiting for a deal too.

-Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news: Bought the 3008 from NewEgg today; it was back to the weekend sale price of $1149.99.

Bad news: speeding ticket in Virginia on the way home from Florida - 83 in a 70. Not sure how much the ticket will be, gotta call in 7 days for the damage, but anything over 80 is considered reckless driving. I have until October to pay it so it's "out of sight out of mind" for now.

Anyway, moving to my new apartment tomorrow and sizing up the room with the furniture in it before I commit to my speakers. Feels great to be on the path now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha! Yeah, I knew it was gonna be heavy, 55lbs out of box that's very tightly packed was not pleasant. Not too mention I got mine the day after I moved into my new apartment.

Additionally, I had to make a little modification to my TV stand to get it to fit underneath without super heating the glass shelf above it. It runs hot- but absolutely rocks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts