Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to successfully take a measurement that looks to be valid from a measurement perspective but I have been unable to reproduce another measurement that looks valid.

Here is the 1st and an example of all other attempts.

I must have changed something but for the life of me I can not figure out what. Everything else up to the measurement step has been checked many times including restarting PC, performing level measurements, SPL calibration and cables to and from soundcard.

Any feedback or help is appriciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don, I will start from the beginning again and by default the standards are already set as you described but I will try again.

Thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yep..........

A good practice is to start with the sub alone with the mains shut off (disconnected) so you can see how the sub reacts with your room without any other influence.

Then, when you have the sub located and EQ'd the best you can, add the mains and adjust the subs phase to get the best crossover transition.

brucek

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bruce for the graph confirmation. Next steps are to do as you suggested. Before I went to the next step I wanted to make sure the measurements looked real.

It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thanks again for the support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts