Elemental Designs DUAL A7-450 18" Subs
Sony UBP-X700 4K Blu-Ray
Xbox One S
PS4

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
What subs are you looking at?

My first thought for the subs was maybe consider placing them in the corners behind the mains and bring the mains in a bit closer, but that may depend on how far back you are seated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the subs are a secret right now. lol

I had the subs in the corners at one time. between there and the corners, they are basically the same according to the spl meter.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
You may want to consider getting a better mic and use REW to measure your response in both locations to see where you have the least anomalies... then if needed maybe you can tame the low frequencies.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You did a great job, I really like to looks of your home theater!! What are you using for surrounds? Are you running a 5.2 or a 7.2 system? Where "z-clips" used to secure the acoustic panels to the dry wall? I have Klipsch for all of my full range speakers and find that they sound better when they are not in the corners of the room....my around about 20 inches from the side walls and about 24 inches from the back wall. The difference was definitely noticeable when I pulled them out into the room and away from the wall.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold my subs. Waiting for the new ones to be finished. Without letting the cat out of the bag, they will be 18s, big, duals, and possibly 16hz tune.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts