Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Need some help guys. I purchased a Panasonic 8000 on cyber Monday. My dilemma is screen size. I cant really go any bigger than a 92 right now unless I build a false wall and put speakers and subs behind the screen because the screen will cover the speakers. My tv stand is 81 inches wide and a 92 inch elite screen is roughly 84 inches wide which would work.

I will move my center channel out of the cabinet, get rid of the tv, and put the center on the tv stand. this frees up room inside the center channel cabinet for game systems. :D

If I go bigger, I would need a acoustic screen which I know nothing about. not sure if it hampers sound etc since this is my first screen and PJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
There are lots of people using AT screens, and it have not heard any of them complain about a difference in sound. On the contrary, many prefer it as it makes dialog seem more like it is coming from the "point of origin" so to speak.

Had I the room in my HT, I would have definitely gone with an AT screen...

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Currently Im thinking of a couple different options.

Option 1: Go bigger than a 92 inch screen OR as big as I can go without the screen hanging too low. Move ALL speakers behind screen and build a false wall covered in fabric. Not sure where I would locate my components which is what is holding me back from the false wall.

Option 2: build a false wall, go big as possible, and put all three front speakers in front of the wall, hide the subs behind the wall. Still not sure where to locate my components like bluray, pre pro, and xpa5. I would have to figure out a way to hide them behind the screen wall also.

Option 3: get a 92 inch screen and hold off on wall and nothing would have to move. I could take my center out of the cabinet, put it on the stand where it should be, and have room for more components.

Man, I just love the look of your space.

What is behind your seats?

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
If you don't often have to access the ac room, what about putting your equipment in the corner in front of the door? It may close off the ability to walk around that side to get to a chair, but you still have a pathway open to get to all seating.

Just brainstorming here... :bigsmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts