Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beautiful room Jeff. Looks so clean and professional, like a true showroom. Those eD[c]12 Custom speakers and dual A7-450s look so massive, I bet they sound great!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Very nicely done with the light color tones. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Google bass trap. I think you will find that those are hardly useful in a room your size. I hope others will also give you some pointers also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Google bass trap. I think you will find that those are hardly useful in a room your size. I hope others will also give you some pointers also.
I have done plenty or research and talked to numerous educated acoustical gurus. Not really sure what your hang up is with the trap. The panels on the wall are acoustic panels 2 inches thick. The trap is in the ceiling/wall corner.

Every residental theater can never have too many bass traps. The trap is 4 inches thick and is made for a corner placement.

Please, I would love to hear WHY you think it is NOT a bass trap, you have yet to come forward with real info other than your opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I think your setup looks incredible and the room treatments are outstanding. I don't think I'd get upset with the earlier jab at your bass traps. It's obvious you've done your homework and know what you're doing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Need some help guys. I purchased a Panasonic 8000 on cyber Monday. My dilemma is screen size. I cant really go any bigger than a 92 right now unless I build a false wall and put speakers and subs behind the screen because the screen will cover the speakers. My tv stand is 81 inches wide and a 92 inch elite screen is roughly 84 inches wide which would work.

I will move my center channel out of the cabinet, get rid of the tv, and put the center on the tv stand. this frees up room inside the center channel cabinet for game systems. :D

If I go bigger, I would need a acoustic screen which I know nothing about. not sure if it hampers sound etc since this is my first screen and PJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Need some help guys. I purchased a Panasonic 8000 on cyber Monday. My dilemma is screen size. I cant really go any bigger than a 92 right now unless I build a false wall and put speakers and subs behind the screen because the screen will cover the speakers. My tv stand is 81 inches wide and a 92 inch elite screen is roughly 84 inches wide which would work.

I will move my center channel out of the cabinet, get rid of the tv, and put the center on the tv stand. this frees up room inside the center channel cabinet for game systems. :D

If I go bigger, I would need a acoustic screen which I know nothing about. not sure if it hampers sound etc since this is my first screen and PJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
There are lots of people using AT screens, and it have not heard any of them complain about a difference in sound. On the contrary, many prefer it as it makes dialog seem more like it is coming from the "point of origin" so to speak.

Had I the room in my HT, I would have definitely gone with an AT screen...

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
What aspect ratio are you shooting for? If the issue is height (floor to ceiling) see if you can squeeze some more screen by going 2.40:1... it's a great screen size for 80% of films.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts