Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else get into the NFL Draft? I know it's way overhyped and only getting worse but I just can't get enough. I research the players, follow all of the mock drafts (senseless), and watch the entire draft selection by selection. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I just love it!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
As a Lions fan it doesn't matter they will find a way to mess up something ;). Hopefully with the new staff things will improve but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a Lions fan it doesn't matter they will find a way to mess up something ;). Hopefully with the new staff things will improve but I'm not holding my breath.
If you look at that roster you have to wonder how? Stafford, Calvin Johnson, and Suh (head case) they've got some talent.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If you look at that roster you have to wonder how? Stafford, Calvin Johnson, and Suh (head case) they've got some talent.
Don't forget Bush and the new addition of Tate,but, I have been around long enough and watched them waste Barry Sanders:(. They have to prove it before any Lions fan will believe. But we love coming back for the punishment:).

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget Bush and the new addition of Tate,but, I have been around long enough and watched them waste Barry Sanders:(. They have to prove it before any Lions fan will believe. But we love coming back for the punishment:).
One of the single greatest games by a running back that I watched was a Lions Thanksgiving game. Can't remember who they were playing but it was like he was playing without an offensive line and he was dazzling!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
One of the single greatest games by a running back that I watched was a Lions Thanksgiving game. Can't remember who they were playing but it was like he was playing without an offensive line and he was dazzling!
Imagine what could have been had he landed on a better team.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imagine what could have been had he landed on a better team.
True, but I wouldn't remember him that way if I were a Lions fan. Just remember the exciting plays and memories he gave you. As a Chiefs can I can relate with the memories I had with Derrick Thomas although we had many years of playoff games but just as you we always experienced disappointment in the end.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Unfortunately, I had to work tonight so I couldn't sit down and watch the draft! But I did tune into WWL radio and listened to it, my Saints made a pretty good pick by getting Brandin Cooks ! I'm just ready for the season to start already.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I am happy with the Texans pick. Another defensive man to help JJ Watt. I think Jadeveon Clowney will be a good fit for the Texans. Now, they need to focus on a QB.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, I had to work tonight so I couldn't sit down and watch the draft! But I did tune into WWL radio and listened to it, my Saints made a pretty good pick by getting Brandin Cooks ! I'm just ready for the season to start already.
That was a great pick! I was actually hoping he'd fall to us at 23.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am happy with the Texans pick. Another defensive man to help JJ Watt. I think Jadeveon Clowney will be a good fit for the Texans. Now, they need to focus on a QB.
I wonder what kind of offers they had to trade the pick? Clowney and Watt should be a force together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will be interesting to see what happens with Johnny Football. People around town seemed to like the pick so it's up to him to make things happen. I don't think he'll amount to much but the Browns are so horrible they have nothing to lose I suppose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts