Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Still can't believe Philly got rid of Andy Reid. He's really making New England look BAD tonight. Some good play calling tonight with mediocre talent.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
It's been a crazy start to the NFL season..but I'm looking forward to see how it plays out

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Does anyone else notice dialogue distortion while watching NFL football games on CBS? It's intermittent but very noticeable to me. It never happens on commercials but I notice it from the commentators during the game.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My Patriots took another 10 years of my life again today.:yikes: Wow I think that was the first time a team has come back from being down 14 points twice in one game and end up winning. On to the AFC championship game next week....:clap::clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
WooHoooooo, Pats are going to the SB. :clap: They win 45-7. :flex: On to Arizona and the Seahawks.....:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
WooHoooooo, Pats are going to the SB. :clap: They win 45-7. :flex: On to Arizona and the Seahawks.....:bigsmile:
Patriots are going to be a tough team for Seattle. I think you take the best QB in this game and clearly that's Brady. I've got Patriots 24-13.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Patriots are going to be a tough team for Seattle. I think you take the best QB in this game and clearly that's Brady. I've got Patriots 24-13.
One thing is for sure, the Pats when leading, keep the pedal to the metal and don't give up. When Burnett intercepted that pass for GB with about 5 minutes left and gave himself up, that started the string of bad decisions by GB that eventually made them choke. Many people say that the Pats pile on when they have the lead but what happened to GB yesterday just proved their point that it ain't over till it's over. It really should be a hell of a SB with the two number one seeds going at it and I hope my Pats can pull off the victory.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
So…big game tomorrow. I'm a huge Chiefs/Royals fan anybody have a prediction on the Chiefs/Patriots score? I think the Patriots fall tomorrow but that could be homer wishful thinking . What say you?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Chiefs vs Pats - 27-24 Packers vs Arz - 34-28 Seattle vs Car - 24-17 Steelers vs Broncos - 13-30
Those are pretty close to mine. I also predict only one blowout. If the Steelers were at full strength I think they beat Denver but they're not…

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Wow. What a superbowl. At half time, I was thinking no way New England would be able to get back into the game with Atlanta destroying them (Atlanta leading 21 -3 at half). But then wow, what a comeback in the fourth.. I am still shocked. First OT and then NE came back to win it all. Wow.

New England 34-28 Atlanta

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Wow. What a superbowl. At half time, I was thinking no way New England would be able to get back into the game with Atlanta destroying them (Atlanta leading 21 -3 at half). But then wow, what a comeback in the fourth.. I am still shocked. First OT and then NE came back to win it all. Wow.

New England 34-28 Atlanta
Belichick should send Quinn a thank you card for throwing the game. The Falcons had the ball on New England's 22 with about 3 1/2 minutes left - a chip shot for Bryant. It was incredibly stupid to do anything but keep it on the ground - 3 runs up the gut and who cares if you don't gain a single yard? A field goal would have put the game out of reach, in all likelihood. When Ryan dropped back, I yelled at the idiotic call. When he was sacked, I figured the Falcons had just lost the game.

That loss is on their coach. :duh:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
of course Atlanta defense was getting tired near the end but yeah, they didn't need to do anything crazy or drastic to win the game. Any team leading by that much at the half just needs to do basic things and essentially eat the clock (proper use of clock management), don't lose the ball (turnover) and no sack!

Wow, I am still in shock.. I never thought New England would have won that game. Seriously.. Wow.

Greatest collapses.. Brings back terrible memories of the Buffalo Bills / Houston Oilers game in 1993....

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Exactly! On Atlanta's previous possession, they decided to pass on third down and New England's pass rush (which was on fire at that point) resulted in a fumble that set them up around the 30. Time was on Atlanta's side until they shortened the field, but I can't really fault them for being aggressive - dance with what brung you (as the saying goes).

On their next possession, when Ryan scrambled and hit Julio, it started to look like Atlanta still had enough fight left to win it. Then, they got it to NE's 22, and they were set up for a chip shot for Bryant. At that point, the only acceptable play call is a simple run up the gut - no additional yards are necessary, but taking time off the clock and/or timeouts away from NE is icing on the cake. Instead, they try to run wide on first down, which requires complicated blocking (unlike a run up the middle), and they got flagged for holding - stupid. They are still within Bryant's range - he's pretty consistent at 53 yards. So, they drop Ryan back to pass and he gets sacked - compounded stupid.

You know; I'm no coach. I could never have gotten that team to that point, but I did know what not to do once they had the ball set up for a chip shot of a field goal. It's almost like Atlanta's coaching staff thought, "Okay, how can we blow it?" The ending of that game looked as if it were staged. Either that, or Arthur Blank ought to schedule an MRI for Dan Quinn - perhaps a tumor suddenly appeared in his brain. :laugh2:

381 - 396 of 396 Posts