Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 160 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The Jags just need to sign Timmy Tebow... Blaine Gabbert or this other guy going to do any better
I agree with you. Tebow maybe the answer but not sure if he would want to even go there. lol. His stock may get even less considering the offense most likely will not be able to protect him nor does he have good receivers. That team needs another team. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
How about those KC Chiefs! Amazed what good coaching and proper evaluation of talent has done for my team. Alex Smith has been a huge upgrade at QB and yet to turn the ball over. Denver is the team to beat in the AFC but I don't think a wildcard spot is out of reach. Andy Reid returns to Philly this Thursday for a big game. Let's do this!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
How about those KC Chiefs!
Yes, I was impressed with the Chiefs. Looks like they (Chiefs coaches and upper mgt) know what they are doing. Jamaal Charles will keep the crowds entertained. Should be interesting how they do as the next few games go around.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I am not a Jacksonville fan but I do feel for the poor fans. Man, to have such a terrible team. Reminds me of those days when the Saints fans had those brown grocery bags over their heads with only the eyes cut out. lol.

oh man..
Please, don't remind us of the aints days. Long suffering fans are hoping those never return. They are lucky to be 2-0 but I hope they work out the issues and look better as the season progresses. If they don't they will be losing soon.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Please, don't remind us of the aints days. Long suffering fans are hoping those never return. They are lucky to be 2-0 but I hope they work out the issues and look better as the season progresses. If they don't they will be losing soon.
Think we are in the same boat as the Patriots Leonard - breaking in two new receivers to an offense that plays many combinations of receivers is going to be a growing process. Hopefully, the defense can continue to hold up until the offense comes around - and if there is one thing I feel I can trust about NO, it is the ability to get the offense going.

On the flip side, can we just pull the plug on Ingram now? I thought he might start to get it this year, but he has looked very pedestrian these first two games.

Jeff - I was able to catch that game. The Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this year. That defense looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
They've got high first rounders at just about every defensive position. With us now having a good coach and an aggressive scheme things look promising. We've got a chance at the playoffs but I still think we're a year away from being a real threat.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
In tonight's match-up (Thursday night football game) we have the Kansas City Chiefs vs the Philadelphia Eagles.

I have been impressed with the way Kansas City has played recently. Any thoughts on this game? Anybody watching?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
How bout them Chiefs! 3-0 to start the season and just read a stat that said 75% of teams starting the season 3-0 make the playoffs. It hasn't always been pretty but still notching W's.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
How bout them Chiefs! 3-0 to start the season and just read a stat that said 75% of teams starting the season 3-0 make the playoffs. It hasn't always been pretty but still notching W's.
Yeah, that was an impressive win. Good game last night. Chiefs won 26 to 16 over the Eagles. The Chiefs' defense forced four turnovers and sacked Michael Vick six times. I haven't seen the Cheifs this good in a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Yeah, that was an impressive win. Good game last night. Chiefs won 26 to 16 over the Eagles. The Chiefs' defense forced four turnovers and sacked Michael Vick six times. I haven't seen the Cheifs this good in a long time.
I think the defense is championship caliber but the offense is still a work in progress. Alex Smith continues to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. The offensive line has it's moments but overall is too porous.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I think the defense is championship caliber but the offense is still a work in progress. Alex Smith continues to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. The offensive line has it's moments but overall is too porous.
I agree. Defense was on top of their game. The QB is good and much improved. Philadelphia had five sacks so the Kansas City Chiefs have to improve their O-Line.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Actually, I thought Alex Smith was the perfect fit for what they want to do - and kudos to Andy Reid for adapting his schemes to the talent at hand. They will probably struggle to stay with the elite teams, but they are definitely playoff material.

And, who knows, once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
And, who knows, once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.
I agree 100%. Excellent teams may collapse while average teams are able to overcome challenges! On any given Sunday as the saying goes! :)

Next Sunday's matching up for the Texans are the Ravens. Should be a good matchup

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Actually, I thought Alex Smith was the perfect fit for what they want to do - and kudos to Andy Reid for adapting his schemes to the talent at hand. They will probably struggle to stay with the elite teams, but they are definitely playoff material. And, who knows, once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.
I agree Joe. There is definitely a gap between the elite teams (Den, SF, Seattle) and KC but to have already exceeded last years win total is impressive. There's a buzz in KC about this team and we're ready to be relevant again.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Today the Texans play against the Ravens at that place. It is going to be a hard game for the Texans. Hopefully Texans will not need to come back from behind late in the game. Let's see how it goes! :)

Go Texans!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I think the texans win .. Not that ray rice has had a great season thus far .. But he's sitting out

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I had a feeling today's game would have been a tough game for the Texans. They just didn't show up. Against elite teams, they have to rise up not fall down. Thankfully it is early in the season. Onward to the next game.

141 - 160 of 396 Posts