1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody follow NHL?

Lockout is now in place.

What are your thoughts?

Are both sides to blame? Owners and Players?

Sad state for the fans.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You know, this is a sad state of affairs & a big reason why I don't watch pro sports. These people get exorbitant saleries, yet they are still not satisfied.

They say the owners are making too much money & they want their piece. In reality, the fans are paying way too much to attend these venues. You can drop several hundred dollara at the things!!!

I think instead of demanding more money, they should be demanding cheaper fanfares (pardon the pun).
All this money/doping/strikes/enough already. We just want to take our kids out to a game, not explain their bad behavior!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to watch sports on tv and I do like to go to the arena but it is just too expensive for parking, food, drinks, tickets, souvenirs, etc.

Players want millions of dollars and owners want high ticket prices and other items to get more revenue.

Neither I think are in it for the game. They are both in it for one thing only -- money..

Strikes/lockouts, etc. just prove this fact.

Lot of my friends stop watching pro games and watch ncaa games where it is more about the game then the money factor..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts