Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

NHT 1259 Corner Sub

Tags
1259 corner nht
6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Anthony 
#1 ·
Build thread for a corner sub using an old NHT 1259 I had laying around.

Corner is the only place for the sub in the room and I have the 1259 and a sheet of MDF. More to follow.

#2 ·
Sketchup design.

A little over 3 cubic feet. 30" across, a little less than 18" deep and tall. MDF with bracking. Packed with poly-fill.

Probably going to use glue and pocket screw joinery on the inside with shallow dados on the bottom and front baffle for the bracing to stiffen it further.

Not sure where I'll put the terminals or cup yet. Should all be doable with one sheet of MDF.

Attachments

#4 ·
I hope so. It's been in a plastic bin with my other drivers for a few years, but it's always been stored indoors (not attic or garage). I was using it pretty regularly up until about 5 years ago when I built my dipole sub.

I plan on dusting it off tonight as I clean out my basement to get ready for the build.

#7 ·
This is an original 1259, not sure what factory made it.

The last sub I had it in was a 3.5 ft3 about 50% stuffed and I got good energy down to 35 Hz, and audible to 22 Hz with no peak or boominess.

Looks like it will be January before I get to build it, though. :( Too much to do around the house before Christmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.