Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was helping a friend on tuesday get her husbands things together for the hospital.(liver problems). We were waiting for a cab in oakland ca and three ganster dudes came up with shotguns and 9 mm weapons and beat us with them and robbed us. They beat me good i had to go to the hospital and beat her as well. We ran into the house with them chasing us and had no weapons of any kind. They tried to break windows but the dog bit two of the guys and scared them off. I called 911 and they told me it will be a 20 minute wait for a cop. When they finally came they told me because of budget cuts they can not do finger prints or track (GPS) the i phones they stole. I filled a report and that is all they can do. You can still see the finger prints on the window from the idiots that did not wear gloves. I have never owned a gun but now i am buying a 45 caliber handgun because the police will do nothing about this and they have my wallet with my address on it. I never thought the day would come when i have to take the law i my hands beacause the cops take 20 minutes to help and when they come they tell me there is no budget to help catch them. Isnt this why i pay so much TAXES to get fire and police help. Anyway is was going to buy a XPA-3 emotiva but now i have to get a gun. Do they make gun amps? that would be the product of the year. A threee channel 150 watt 45 caliber. My friend is in shock and she is in the hospital too with post tramadic stress disorder. they put a shotgun in her mouth and made her suck it like a ......you know. These guys do not belong on the streets but there is no one to stop them. I am not a mean person but after seeing my friend that is still shakeing and can not speak while her husband is dying with liver failure makes me feel like i want to find them. If i did i would be aressted WHERE IS THE JUSTICE can some one answer that!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Wow, I feel really bad for you and your friend. Thats just not right! We have a case going on here in court that a guy woke up in the middle of the night after hearing some noises in his yard to find two guys trying to steel a truck and quad. He got out his rifle and chased them down the road and shot one in the leg. He is now being charged for unlawful use of a firearm and a number of other fire arm related things. Its just nuts.

I pray your friend and you that everything will work out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just seems like the laws are to protect the criminals and not me and my family. WHY!! i do not get it. All the police had to do is call att&t and say can you tell me the location of these phones and the police could go to the exact address and get these guys. The oakland police dept. will not even make a phone call on my behalf.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That is awfull, I hope you and your friend are going to recover from this meaningless violence. Did you contact your Mayor or selectman. If they won't help you go to the tv new's and see if they will tell your story sometimes that put's a fire under someones butt to get things done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow! That's insane. I have a few friends in the bay area although they are of the west side, Burlingame, and they swear they'd never go into Oakland. I've been there and it is down right scary and depressing.
I hope you, your friend, as well as her husband get thru this.
In regards to a firearm, you really ought to reconsider. Sounds easier than it is. Perhaps a Tazer would be more appropriate?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guns

Wow! That's insane. I have a few friends in the bay area although they are of the west side, Burlingame, and they swear they'd never go into Oakland. I've been there and it is down right scary and depressing.
I hope you, your friend, as well as her husband get thru this.
In regards to a firearm, you really ought to reconsider
thank you for your kind words and i am waiting a month and if i still feel i need a weapon then i will get one. i do like to go with me friend to target shoot and having my own gun would be nice but i do not want to buy one in anger.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Stating that these criminals used rifles/shotguns in the criminal activity should have raised the status of the crime. Either way though, a crime is a crime is a crime and fincial limits should be stated as what is worth investigating and what is not...

As someone who has been thru many self defense cases as a civilian and as a ex-prison guard all I can say is win or lose, it gets expensive paying for attorneys... However if your like me and decide thats still worth it then a gun may very well be for you but I definitely wouldnt start with a 45, you should get certified and you should also find out what constitutes "Self Defense" opposed to you becoming the criminal.

With all that said, the best way to pursue this is to attack you city & police department. As said as that is, they would quickly start pursing these issues if it then becomes cheaper to do fingerprint, activate a gps opposed to fighting many civilian law suites for not performing there job to there upmost ability.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with the gun purchase for self defense. It's better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
I agree too.

Wow that really sucks, sorry that happened. I hope the best for you and your friends. I personally think we need to have some changes to the criminal justice system. Bad guys do get off too easy. Jail is nothing more than a vacation for them. Free bed, free food, and free medical care.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is just a bummer that the police do not care about me at all. I just heard on the news that Oakland has laid of over a hundred community workers so that means there are going to be more crimes. I called the police hear in martinez where i live and they told me " if you use your gun even to protect your home you.will be arrested until you prove it was in self defense". You have to be kidding me i will be arrested but the one who breaks into your house has the rights. Anyway i am going to gun safety and am getting this gun for a starter.http://www.thegunsource.com/item/9256_Smith__Wesson_Hand_Guns_Pistols_SW_163050_637_Chief_Spec.aspx
im not getting it from this store but that is the i am buying from the guy who is teaching me to shoot. I have to say it is fun going to the range, i did not think i would like, but i love it. now im hooked on sport shooting. My main concern is safety and bob(my teacher) is the best and i am starting to feel safe handling and shooting now. I hope i will not have to use it but if i do i will feel comfortable doing so. I feel sorry for anyone that has to live in Oakland because now with even less cops than last month the crime is getting out of control. Just last week two people were killed for 11 dollars, and these people were just trying to go to the museum, and on the news the cops said they have no leads. What they need to do is set up a curfew in oakland and arrest anyone out rooming the streets after that time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Im sure most (if from a semi large city such as myself) have at least one good robbed story... :(

Sharing one that I thought was a bit comical. Back in 2004 we were in Louisiana getting ready to be deployed to Iraq. We were on leave for the night and staying at a local hotel, one of my guys comes into the room who just happened to be robbed in a similar manner mentioned in this thread. Likewise a similar result happened with the police refusing to chase down his cell phone.

While talking to the police, they mentioned something kinda clever which made it funny... what would we do if they went out and caught the criminals.... we would be in Iraq and unable to show up at there trial.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I work for 911 dispatch in Nashville and our county government has made budget cuts also. Not nearly as drastic of cuts though. I find it appalling that such cuts have happened there. I really feel bad for the good and decent people like you that live in California.

The ever increasing taxes and seemingly ever decreasing amount of government provided services for working people are an indication of a government who is left to provide for people who "can't" work. When I hear that a woman is getting tens of thousands of dollars of government assistance because she chose to have 15 kids and not to work kills me. Help the helpless, not the clueless.

I would contact the mayor and let him hear your story and ask if he would be satisfied with the police service if he were a victim.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would contact the mayor and let him hear your story and ask if he would be satisfied with the police service if he were a victim.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would disagree, the mayor is the one stuck trying to fit everything in a budget...

Contact the media and/or your own legal reps, demand to know exactly how much in value you need to lose or exactly how hurt you need to become for LE to pursue investigating your case(s).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Help the helpless, not the clueless.
that is is hilarious!!
i have contacted the justice department in Sacramento and they called oakland police to ask the same question i did "do i not matter" I should not say his name but i will tell you he hates oakland for that exact reason. He told me that he does care and the state of california cares. I believe this guy because he made alot of calls on my behalf and called me back a dozen times to keep me updated. He told me this is an ongoing problem with oakland cops turning there head to crimes becuase they know there is nothing they can do, but they do have to atleast pretend they care.These guys did not even look for the guy(i mean send cars to look around)they just took my report and left. I did tell the office "is this necessary because i know it will go into a pill that you will not do anything about". I am a law abiding citizen who pays LOTS of taxes and am let down again by our government. Not only that but i am laid off from work and again let down. Anyway i am off to the range to get some targets. i love it

·
Registered
361 Posts
with the taxes we have been oaying we should at least be guaranteed protection of three things in this order. Life, property, and the American way of living.

With cuts in the places we need like life and property (police and fire) and increasing taxes to pay for services that most of us don't even see our country is going down a dark road.

I am terribly sorry something like this happened to you, but I am glad that you feel close enough to us on this forum to share your experience and grief. Not often do people hear about bad experiences like this in detail. I get to hear it multiple times daily and I hope nothing like this ever happens again to you or anyone here.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am terribly sorry something like this happened to you, but I am glad that you feel close enough to us on this forum to share your experience and grief. Not often do people hear about bad experiences like this in detail. I get to hear it multiple times daily and I hope nothing like this ever happens again to you or anyone here.
Posted via Mobile Device
thank you that was really nice.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I would blow this up on the media. You'll get the story out there so there will be massive pressure on the police to find these criminals, potentially make a change in how they operate in the future, and probably make some money in the process. Make a big stink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts