Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a Philips 46pp930217 for free. The tv had bad coolant and a convergence problem. The tv is only 5 yrs old so I decided to put the work and parts in. I did the all the repairs, including soldering all the pins in the stk IC. Problem is now no letting will show up on the screen. I dont see any subtitles and the menu will not come up so I can reset the convergence. Can anyone give me a little direction.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be a bad SSB (small signal board). Hard to know without doing some troubleshooting. Did it work before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the menu came up and there were subtitles when you muted it. Is it possible that a solder bridge could cause this.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Or you pulled something loose. If it worked before and now it does not it is likely that you did something in repairing the set to cause it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right one of the plugs was not seated all the way. I put it all the way down and now I have lettering. Problem is now my convergence is worse. I believe there is already multiple topics about that prob so I will take a look around before I start asking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the writing back but now I dont have the crosshairs for the manual convergence. I checked every plug and they are all seated, I also checked the solder and dont appear to have any bridges.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You may have damaged something with a partial connection. You may still have a problem with a connection that you missed. There is no way to be sure without a schematic and some troubleshooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts