Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Last year I calibrated my kit successfully without too many issues.

New laptop this year and Im having issues-

Im using the same soundblaster 24bit live external soundcard, but a new laptop and I just cant get rew to output anything through the soundcard. Playing music through it is no problem, and even leaving all the connections in for calibration and playing a song instead of a test gives me output through my speakers but rew gives nothing.

I can get the mic to input a signal though it though.

Ideas?

Kit is ACER laptop, windows 7, creative soundblaster, cm-140 mic.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

If the sound card worked on your previous computer but not on this one, the problem is that it doesn’t “play well” with the current OS. If you can’t download some drivers, it’ll be time to shop for a new sound card. But be sure and get some user reviews before you take out your wallet. This post will tell you what to look for in the reviews.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, sorted that one in the end- the driver wasnt working propperly.

I have output now.

My next problem is that the soundcard cal came out like this,-

is this good enough?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Looks more like a room measurement, for soundcard cal the only connections should be from the soundcard output to its input.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Ok, sorted that one in the end- the driver wasnt working propperly. ...
is this good enough?
Yes, that last image looks fine to me for a soundcard measurement.

Looks more like a room measurement, for soundcard cal the only connections should be from the soundcard output to its input.
I'm not sure if John might have been looking at the first three thumbnails in the window, that clearly show something like a room measurement and not a loopback.

Bill

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Hmm, was a different image when i looked at it. Anyhoo, looks fine but note that the soundcard input is inverting (hence the phase being around -180/180 degrees) so tick the "Invert" box in the soundcard settings to have REW correct that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
all sorted now.
Thankyou for your help.

As it seams that the behringer unit is too noisy for my sub (99db/1w) Ive spent the evening trying to see how good I can get the response in the listening position without eq.

what you think?
Its unfortunate that the dip is around 60hz as I know how important 63hz is and was hoping to have a slight peak here. nevermind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts