Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

I am looking to spend no more than $2,000 "all-in" for receiver and speakers (only need 5.1 for now, but want option for future 7.1).
I read a lot of good opinions on this SVS system , and aslo about this JBL's specially L820 (bookshelf) ....

Most AVR's get hot (I own a Yamaha RXV-2700) ...but with plenty of ventilation you don't have to worry about it ...:yes:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Love the JBL's...now I just need to find a spot in Atlanta that I could hear them. Amazon has a good package of a pair of the bookshelves, center, and sub for ~$850. Any recommendations for the two surrounds?
If you can, get the same speakers used in the front (820's???) or get a pair of the 830's.

I really want my receiver to last a long time. With constantly changing technology, I have always assumed that I would need a minimum of 3 HDMI inputs, the latest codecs (Dolby True HD, etc), and networking capabilities.
Most newer AVR's have at least 4 HDMI's (I think Onkyo 706 has 5), as far as network capabilities Yamaha RXV3800 is one of them ...I don't know about the rest.

Also, I failed to mention that my cabinet enclosure that will house the receiver has two compartments, each with two shelves with a door to conceal them. The fronts of the doors are screens, so I'm assuming that will allow plenty of ventilation??
If you need more ventilation, you can add a small fan too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts