Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my 2.1 audio system. Currently I have M-Audio AV40 powered speakers with a 15" tempest-x subwoofer powered by a 500w plate amp. My sound card is M-Audio 2496. Because I enjoyed the diy route so much, I've decided to sell my AV40's and build some Zaph Audio ZA5.2 speakers. So my question is would you guys recommend I get a receiver for the speakers or an amplifier?? My budget is under $250, this system will be used 90% music, and 10% movies. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Looking to upgrade my 2.1 audio system. Currently I have M-Audio AV40 powered speakers with a 15" tempest-x subwoofer powered by a 500w plate amp. My sound card is M-Audio 2496. Because I enjoyed the diy route so much, I've decided to sell my AV40's and build some Zaph Audio ZA5.2 speakers. So my question is would you guys recommend I get a receiver for the speakers or an amplifier?? My budget is under $250, this system will be used 90% music, and 10% movies. Thanks in advance
Hello,
Unless you have a Preamp/SSP, it would seem you would have to use an AVR. I suppose there might be a way to use your Computer to do so, but it is an arena I am not very familiar with.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts