Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Yamaha RX-V361. Currently I am running some old Boston Acoustics model A70, they are like 20 years old, but sound awesome. I also have the non powered 12" sub. The three of them make things sound great, except the quiet parts in movies. To remedy this, I wanted to add a couple of mids and lows, so I have some Jensen JP500, with the 5.25" subs and 2in horn tweeters. For some reason I cannot get the jensens to work. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Any help would be great!
Thanks.

SkizyJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello SkizyJ, Welcome to the Shack,

How are you trying to hook up the Jensen's to the Yamaha? Are you still using the Boston Acoustics at the same time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am still using the Boston Acoustics. I have them hooked up to the Speaker A Left and Riht, and the Jensens in the surrond Left and Right. The Boston's have sound the Jenens don't. I am assuming I need to set the receiver to a 5.1, but I'm not to sure how, and the manual isn't helping at all.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Do you have the receiver hooked up to any other speakers (for a 5.1 setup)? You will first need to run the receivers auto speaker setup. In the receivers menu you need to make sure that it has detected the speakers and then select a soround mode that will alow the rear channels to work "All Channel stereo" comes to mind.
You may be best off hooking it up to the "B" speaker terminals instead of the rear speaker terminals.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In addition to the comments above, make sure you run the speaker-level calibration to ensure you are getting a signal at the same level from all your speakers in a surround setup. The speakers might be (and probably are) of different efficiencies and hence would need different levels of power from your AV amplifier. I am not sure what your receiver is rated at - make sure it is capable of driving all your speakers independently.

Good luck.
Erle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts