Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is there any way to prevent the information contained under notes from obscuring the check boxes under the graphs?
It gets a bit frustrating that the notes can at most times prevent you from checking and unchecking the tickbox.
You can of course succeed eventually by messing about with the cursor.
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi John
I feel a bit bad posting this it seems petty considering REW is such an awsome program

Hopefully the attachments highlight what is happening.

No 1
I am trying to tick the middle box the notes are for that box

No 2
The right hand box
Again the notes is for that box

The required check box gets obscured, you can eventually make it visible by moving the cursor around which then changes the note popup position.
It can get frustrating trying to check and uncheck boxes

Edit: worth noting that of course that by using a right mouse click reveals you have "select all, clear selections and toggle selections" options

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Just a second to that request...
I am also very frustrated by the popup notes obscuring the selection boxes. It sometime takes several seconds to work around the problem for each box selection. An option to disable this feature in the graph pane and overlay window or move the popup or another solution would be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Ah, so I'm guessing you have the window set to full screen? Tooltips appear some way below the cursor, but they are bounded by the screen so if the cursor is near the bottom of the screen the tooltip appears higher so that it stays inside the screen boundary, which can place it over the cursor position and could obscure the check box. The measurement notes are only shown in the tooltip for overlay graphs (which includes the All SPL graph) as the notes can help identify what is in each measurement in an overlay. Rather than remove that behaviour I'll override the default positioning of the tooltips to make them appear to the right of the check box so the box can still be selected.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John
That probably explains the behaviour of the tooltips which in themselves are a good feature to retain if possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts