Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Doug.

My wife and I have been married for 14 years and have a four year old boy, three year old girl and are expecting our third child in mid September. We live and work in Kelowna, British Columbia.

In my day job I am a software engineer developing line of business applications for a small local company. Evening and weekends I moonlight as a photographer and a bass player.

About two years ago we purchased a 17 year old home with an unfinished basement. One space immediately grabbed my attention: 15'x20' with a 7'9" ceiling. Not perfect dimensions for a home theater, but a good place to start. My wife and I have dreamed of having our own home theater and subsequently hosting Superbowl parties, hockey games and movies. With this new home it seemed like I would finally have a chance!

After an unexpected bonus last year I was able to purchase an Epson 8500UB projector and then built a 137" screen from 1x4 and blackout cloth. We have been enjoying it in the unfinished room ever since.

As has happened with many others on here, my wife put her foot down and said no work on the home theater until the rest of the house was finished, the biggest and most expensive part being a new roof. Well, that roof goes on in about another two weeks and needless to say I am looking forward to getting started on the HT.

I've already spent a few days lurking in the HTS forums and love what I've found: a great community dedicated to building home theater! I look forward to learning from all of you and getting to know you.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS. We will be here for you to assist you in anyway we can.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, Doug!

·
Registered