Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,381 Posts
Word on the street is they may not be gone after all. Contact Nick at SI to get the latest update.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
SI 18's are not available but back in production. So in about 3-4 months they will be in stock again. I do believe they are on preorder right now.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
The Dayton Ultimax UM-18 performs very similar and is arguably a nice driver, but runs >$60 over the SI 18

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really like the SI drivers so no knock to them at all. I just wanted to point out that PE has free shipping on orders of $98+ so the price difference between the Dayton mentioned above and the SI driver is probably a wash or close to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SI 18's are not available but back in production. So in about 3-4 months they will be in stock again. I do believe they are on preorder right now.
That's great! Gives me enough time to save so i can get 4 drivers at once! Do you mean we can preorder now? Or is SI preordering the drivers now?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I believe you can preorder now. BUT hopefully Nick will chime in. If not I will find out.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I don't believe you can pre-order yet. The only available SI HT series left is the 15 d4, while the 18' still are listed as sold out with no pre-order option.
Probably correct.

This was taken from SI's FB page:

I guess we forgot to post about the future and overall status of the HT series woofers, so here it is: We WILL be offering the woofers again. There will be a pre-order for the last offered price of $162 for the 18" and the final, normal, price will change to $179 for the 18" model. Lead time for production to be ready is between three and four months from now. It is official - we will be making them again

SO I was only going by that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Perfect! Glad they are offering them again. They seemed to be much to successful to stop production of them. May have to pre order a couple this summer..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't believe you can pre-order yet. The only available SI HT series left is the 15 d4, while the 18' still are listed as sold out with no pre-order option.
Probably correct.

I guess we forgot to post about the future and overall status of the HT series woofers, so here it is: We WILL be offering the woofers again. There will be a pre-order for the last offered price of $162 for the 18" and the final, normal, price will change to $179 for the 18" model. Lead time for production to be ready is between three and four months from now. It is official - we will be making them again

Thanks a lot guys. I didn't realize the normal price wasn't a huge difference from the last offered price. But i guess any savings is worth it! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm glad they're going to be offering them again! I was fearing I had missed out on them while they were around and they looked like they were doing really well with sales. Hopefully I can pick up a pair sooner rather than later and have to worry I've missed them again!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Probably correct.

At the time when we announced we were stopping production on the drivers the drivers were simply not profitable enough to keep our doors open. However, we hunkered down and put stress on our vendors, did some math, testing, etc, and came up with a required figure to meet so we could offer these woofer for. Thankfully we were able to meet that figure so we placed another production order for the 18" woofers for you DIY guys. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good to know.:) Do you pass the transport savings to the customer with multiple purchases? I know in the past if one were to order by phone the shipping fee was higher than if ordering online because SI used the automated quote from the shipper and the price decreased as more drivers were added. At that time the shipping fee per driver cost me about half that if I ordered online vs. telephonically. That can really be a lot of money to one buying several drivers. I don't know why there is (or was) such a drastic difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So does the cost of shipping per driver (multiple purchase) get passed along to the buyer or does SI keep the savings... could be $100+? Hidden costs?

·
Registered
376 Posts
So does the cost of shipping per driver (multiple purchase) get passed along to the buyer or does SI keep the savings... could be $100+? Hidden costs?
If a single person was ordering 30 to 40 pcs your question and assumption would be valid. If the latter is not the case we do not "keep" any "hidden" costs. PS: Our cart auto-calculates for multi-piece shipments. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
If a single person was ordering 30 to 40 pcs your question and assumption would be valid. If the latter is not the case we do not "keep" any "hidden" costs. PS: Our cart auto-calculates for multi-piece shipments. :)
Excellent!! Great to know SI's shipping policies changed. Good for SI!!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts